Inspired by the broader vision of women empowerment, Project Pavitra is aimed at enabling women in the society to become change agents. It is designed to take menstrual education to adolescent girls and women across geographies and income groups.
Years of ignorance and silence around the issue of menstruation has resulted in a societal void where any conversation around this topic is stifled in the name of traditions and culture. We strive to bring back the essence of these beliefs in a way that it was intended in the Vedic times.
With a growing team of dynamic volunteer trainers, the knowledge of holistic and culturally compatible practices and the invaluable wisdom of Yoga and Ayurveda are being taken to women/beneficiaries, enabling them to experience their periods with ease, comfort and happiness.
A training module has been developed that spans 90 minutes daily, for 3 consecutive days. Research, consultation and advice from our in-house experts of Yoga and Ayurveda have resulted in a comprehensive program addressing menstrual health issues, across all age groups.
The program includes knowledge about the biological processes involved in a woman’s menstrual cycle that will enable the beneficiaries to have a deep understanding of an integral but rarely talked about aspect of their reproductive and overall health.
The introduction of Yogic practices and Ayurveda is aimed at bringing about positive lifestyle changes that would ensure a healthy and pain-free menstrual experiences.
This project will evolve to provide the beneficiaries with a basket of choices comprised of health, hygiene and wellness products and services. This will not only enable them to make informed decisions but instil confidence and dignity in them. We envision that with the responsibility of transforming their lives, women will develop the power to take the transformation to the community and society.
Need for funding and support
The project aims at transforming lives of women across the world but needs support to:
• Reach out to every corner of the country and develop trainers’ capacity to conduct maximum number of workshops.
• Organise large scale events for advocacy on a topic that has been shrouded in shame.
• Design and implement micro-entrepreneurship models for women around eco-friendly and sustainable hygiene products.
• Maintain the running costs of the project.
Vision for the Future
In the long run, this shall result in building a strong framework that will provide agency to women to be “Change Makers”. They shall be empowered to break the shackles of social stigma and taboos around menstruation through knowledge, lifestyle improvement and sustainable practices.
How can you contribute?
• By choosing to become a trainer to spread the precious knowledge.
• By donating for the support of the project.
• Introducing the concept of this project in your communities to mobilise an advocacy drive. We can provide you with any further information.
• By offering to contribute to any particular need of the moment. Please ask and we will provide details.