What is happening on 21 September 2014?
A global synchronous meditation using a mobile app!
Supporters of peace across the globe will come together for this historic event at the scheduled time to meditate for world peace. You will create peaceful vibrations, and the ripple effect can create a wave of change for a better and more peaceful planet.
When is it going to happen?
Sunday, 21st September 2014 at UTC/GMT 2pm!
International Day of Peace is observed around the world on September 21 every year by the General Assembly of the United Nations for strengthening the ideals of peace, both within and among all nations and peoples. This year, the day has a particular significance, since 2014 marks the 100th year of beginning of the horrific World War I. Check the time in your local time-zone to plan your day.
New York: 10:00 hrs London: 15:00 hrs Paris: 16:00 hrs Bangalore: 19:30 hrs Singapore: 22: 00 hrs
How is this event different from other WWI centenary events?
This is an opportunity for all to contribute to peace – every day
In this Centenary Year of WWI, hundreds of activities are commemorating sacrifice, struggle and suffering. Today the World is crying out for peace. The World Peace Meditation, along with our partners, enables all to contribute towards peace starting at the individual level – with yourself. Through meditation you build inner peace, which leads to peace around you and ultimately to world peace.
Where is this going to happen?
Wherever you are on the planet – at the scheduled time!
You can join through the mobile app and on the go
You can be part of this peace revolution by moving aside from wherever you are just for 20 minutes. Somewhere quieter is better, but you may use your headphone even in the most crowded place in the world! Great Meditation Tips are all on the app!!
How do I join in?
Download the app now!
The guided meditation audio is inside the World Peace App on your phone. On 21 September at the scheduled time you will be able to start the meditation on your phone – but you do need to have a mobile signal at the start time.
Join in! By joining you will also be part of an exciting attempt on a World Record.
Why are my 20 minutes so important?
To build peace:
- for yourself
- for your immediate environment
- for the wider world community
What can I do?
- Download the #WorldPeaceApp for your iPhone / iPad or Android phone
- Increase the belongingness with other peace lovers near you by allowing the app to access your location
- Discover the steps on the daily “Path to Peace”
- Spread peace yourself using the Share feature on the app
- Connect and share your peace ideas and inspirations using the hashtag #DownloadPeace on our social media channels
- Become a Peace Ambassador and promote peace in your own area. Complete the Ambassador form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Above all, on September 21, reserve #Just20mins to be part of the synchronised meditation
- After 21 September, use the meditation yourself at any time. Every time the meditation is used it will be counted on the map on the app!
- Use the map on the app to see who else is around you!
- Take a Peace Selfie