This is the website of the UK branch of IAHV which has organisations in 25 countries, projects in over 50 countries, and volunteers in over 100 countries. It is an independent UK registered charity reference 1103261.
Our projects transform the lives of people affected by disasters, conflict, trauma and stress, and children who would not otherwise be in education.
Our projects transform the lives of people affected by trauma and stress. We guide participants through a process and teach simple effective methods to:
- Release the trauma and stress.
- Bring deep rest, relaxation and ‘recharge batteries’.
- This leads to a re-awakening of innate Human Values including kindness, friendliness, respect, understanding, and service to others.
- The result is people are empowered to achieve peace and wellbeing within themselves and towards those around them.
By applying these methods, we are transforming lives across the World. For example with Disaster Relief following the Nepal Earthquake and the flooding in Uttarakand and Chennai, and as part of Peacebuilding for victims of conflict.
In the UK, our Manage Your Mind project is transforming the lives of people suffering from Stress, Anxiety and Depression in Medway, and our Prison SMART project is providing effective rehabilitation for prison inmates at HMP Thameside,
What makes us different?
- Our methods are practical, proven and simple
- We are a volunteer-run organisation. Come and JOIN US
- IAHV only deducts 5% from donations for administration and running costs which is comparatively very low, with many other charities deducting well over 20%.
- We were founded in 1997 by world humanitarian leaders including Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and the Dalai Lama
- Today, IAHV is a worldwide organisation with branches in over 25 countries, and projects in over 50 countries. A key partner is the Art of Living, who can provide volunteers in over 150 countries
- IAHV internationally has special consultative status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations